Posted On: 2020-04-09
- Use heavy-duty aluminum foil, place shiny side in. Spray with non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
- Create foil packets by wrapping foil around food using a drug-store wrap: Use foil 3-
times the width of the food. Fold sides up creasing foil at edge of food. Keeping edges
together, make a ½ to a 1 inch fold and crease.
- Fold 1-3 times, leaving enough room in the packet for food expansion and steaming during cooking.
- Smooth the ends flat, make four small triangle folds on each end from the edge of the
food to the edge of the foil. Fold the ends in using ½ inch folds.
- Some people say that if you put a cabbage leaf in the bottom of the packet, it will stop the
food from burning. The cabbage will burn but not the food.
References / Source:
GSLC Pow Wow 2008