Posted On: 2008-09-10
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 cups flour
2 - 4 tablespoons heavy cream
red and green food coloring
2 dozen chocolate kisses
2 dozen maraschino cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
2. Blend in flour, salt, and enough cream to hold dough together.
3. Divide dough in half.
4. Tint one half with red food coloring and the other half with green food coloring.
5. Mold a Tablespoon of red dough around each Kiss (that is unwrapped)
6. Mold green dough around cherry.
7. Roll cookies between palms of hand to make smooth, round balls.
8. Place balls 1” apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 12-14 minutes, or just until cookies are set (cookies must not brown)
10. Let cool completely.
11. Dip each cookie into icing