Den Leader Promise
Posted On: 2019-05-27
SETTING: Committee Chairman and Cubmaster stand behind table in front of room. On table is a lighted candle and a copy of the den Leader's Book of Webelos Den Leader's Book for each person.
CHAIRMAN: The den leader occupies a unique and essential place in Cub Scouting. Den leaders fill a particular need for boys of Cub Scout age and perform a fundamental service which no one else can give.
They therefore, become indispensable leaders in our scheme of pack operation.
The following den leaders have been selected by our pack committee: (Read names of leaders and den numbers) Would you please come forward?
Will you promise to:
- Show interest and concern for all boys in your den.
- Take advantage of all training opportunities.
- Be responsible for the organization and operation of your den.
- Lead the den chief, helping him learn to lead the activities of your den.
- Attend monthly pack leader's meeting (or den leader coach/den leader meetings); monthly pack meetings and monthly distinct roundtable.
- Work with the parents of your Cub Scouts (and/or Webelos Scouts) so they will have an opportunity to share in the fun of Cub Scouting.
- Observe the policies of your chartered organization, of the (name) Council, and of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Keep your den in operation 12 months a year.
If so, please answer "I will".
CUBMASTER: Wearing the den leader's uniform not only identifies you as a very important member of the Boy Scouts of America, the largest boys' organization of its kind in the world, but it also sets a good example for the boys in your den.
We would like to welcome you as new leaders in our pack, and present you with copies of the Den leader's handbook. Congratulations and good Cub Scouting!