There is no way you can lose with this guessing
game. That’s because you know the trick!
Don’t forget to act confident, to practice your
rap and to use the secret that will be revealed.
1. “I’ve borrowed my mom’s diamond ring for
this game,” you say, standing before a table on
which sit three opaque film canisters. “If you
can guess which one of these containers it’s in,
you can keep it. It’s right in here.” You
give one of the film canisters a shake
(executing the trick) so that everyone
can hear the ring rattling inside.
2. “I’ll mix them all up, and you keep
an eye on them.”
3. Rearrange the canisters - slowly and awkwardly
- so that anyone watching this trick
closely can keep an eye on the one with the
4. With undeserved confidence, challenge
someone in the audience to point to the one
with the ring. “Go ahead, point to one.”
5. Pick it up and shake it vigorously. They are
wrong, of course.
6. “This is the right one,” you say. Pick up
another (again executing the trick) and give it
a shake. “Anyone else want to try?”
None of the canisters has the ring in it; instead, is in a forth canister rubber-banded to your wrist
and hidden by your sleeve. When you shake any canister with your left hand, the audience hears
a rattling sound. Shake with your right hand, and they hear nothing. Note: You really shouldn’t
use your mother’s diamond ring for this. A penny works fine - and using one won’t get you
grounded. (From: www.familyfun.com)