There is no way you can lose with this guessing game. That’s because you know the trick! Don’t forget to act confident, to practice your rap and to use the secret that will be revealed.
1. “I’ve borrowed my mom’s diamond ring for this game,” you say, standing before a table on which sit three opaque film canisters. “If you can guess which one of these containers it’s in, you can keep it. It’s right in here.” You give one of the film canisters a shake (executing the trick) so that everyone can hear the ring rattling inside.
2. “I’ll mix them all up, and you keep an eye on them.”
3. Rearrange the canisters - slowly and awkwardly - so that anyone watching this trick closely can keep an eye on the one with the ring.
4. With undeserved confidence, challenge someone in the audience to point to the one with the ring. “Go ahead, point to one.”
5. Pick it up and shake it vigorously. They are wrong, of course.
6. “This is the right one,” you say. Pick up another (again executing the trick) and give it a shake. “Anyone else want to try?”
The Trick None of the canisters has the ring in it; instead, is in a forth canister rubber-banded to your wrist and hidden by your sleeve. When you shake any canister with your left hand, the audience hears a rattling sound. Shake with your right hand, and they hear nothing. Note: You really shouldn’t use your mother’s diamond ring for this. A penny works fine - and using one won’t get you grounded. (From: www.familyfun.com)