You will need: a plastic grocery bag, scissors, a ruler and a pencil, yarn, a
clothespin pal/small plastic toy (or even a small rock or other similar weight will
1. From the grocery bag, cut a piece of plastic at least 14 inches square.
2. Cut four pieces of yarn, each 24 inches long.
3. Use the pencil to poke a hole in each corner of the plastic. Knot a piece of
yarn in each hole.
4. Hold the four yarn ends together and fasten them in an overhand knot as
5. Tie the yarn around your weight (clothespin pal/small plastic toy/rock/etc.)
6. To prepare your parachute for sky-diving, hold it by the center of the parachute so the
strings and weight hand down. Fold over the parachute and loosely wind the strings and
pal around it to make a small bundle.
7. Toss up the parachute bundle as high as you can. It should float gently to the ground