Cubmaster asks all Leaders to come forward, calling each one by name and giving Pack positions. Cubmaster asks each one to give the Cub Scout Sign and repeat the following in phrases.
I, as a leader in Pack ___, promise to work in harmony with other members of the committee at all times for the benefit of the youth members.
I realize that I have the opportunity to influence the lives of young people in the Scouting program by my example as a Leader.
I pledge to spend as much of my time as I can to learn how to be the best qualifies Leader that I can be.
I pledge to support the rules and regulations of the Pack committee, and will work hard to provide the boys of Pack ___ with an exciting and worthwhile program.
I accept my leadership roles as a serious and important responsibility. I promise I will always do my best.
Cubmaster: I have a poem I want to read and ask each of you to accept this poem and its words as a further indication of your willingness to "DO YOUR BEST". (Give each leader a copy of this poem after you have read it out loud)
"It's Up To You"
- God gave you this day to do just what you would,
- You can throw it away, or do some good.<
- You can make someone happy, or make someone sad,
- What have you done with the day that you had?
- God gives it to you to just as you would,
- You can do what is wrong, or do what is good.
- You can hand out a smile, or just give'em a frown,
- You can lift someone up, or push someone down.
- You can lighten some load, or some progress impede,
- You can look for a rose, or just gather some weed.
- What did you do with your beautiful day?
- God gave it to you, did you throw it away?