Posted On: 2022-05-26
Q: What is Flat Stanley all about
A: The original Stanley was started by a London School teacher in 1995 as a way for his students to meet others from far away places while learning about those places.
Stanley was flattened by a falling bulletin board, but he survives and starts making the best of his flattened state. Soon he is sliding into rooms through the hole at the bottom of doors, even once he helps catch some thefts in an art museum by posing as a painting on the wall. (based on details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley).
Stanley found his way to InsaneScouter where we used modern science to scan his unique genetic make up into the computer. Now Stanley travels the world in a matter of seconds and his adventures can be followed right here.
Q: I am still confused...
A: Think about it this way .... it is just a virtual pen pal system that uses the adventures of the virtual Stanley image to make it fun and educational. The idea is you have the group, class, and family print out the Stanley image and then do something with him. Take pictures of Stanley doing these things and write about it. Post those pictures and writings here. Another group will see what you did and pick up where you left off, adding to Stanley's adventure. Then you take the additions back to your group. Maybe you can get your Stanley to see the world in 80 days, or backpack an entire country in just a year. Don't forget to take this opportunity to make new friends and to learn about other cultures.
Q: How do I start using your virtual Stanley
A: Just follow these simple steps
- Register for a free members account. ( You can register here.)
- Log in InsaneScouter (click on the login link top right in the brown bar. Once you log in it will say your username is logged in.)
- Then make sure you are in the Stanley section of the site and you will see the control box toward the top right. You will now need to click manage and fill in the form. You will only need to do this once.
- Next click on an adventure you would like to add to or you can start a new adventure
- Finally, post details and photos of the adventure
- Have fun, make friends, and learn about other countries and cultures