Training for Unit Committee
Posted On: 2009-01-02
Many of us as a child, learned the string game " The Cat's Cradle"
- Here two people with a string knotting the two ends to form a circle pass it back and forth in a variety of forms between their hands.
- You need at least 42 feet of rope, ends tied together.
- Instead of two people you need four.
- Where your finger and thumb work together before now your arms replace them.
- To start the activity, two people stand inside the rope at waist high.
- Make a wrap with the rope, around each persons waist.
- Pull the rope from around the waist of each person and loop it over the other person head.
- This is where you start the training.
- Can the four people proceed without talking, probably not.
- Communication is a key point here.
- Everyone must work together to solve the problem and figure out what to do next.
- Remember never give up.
- (Hint: Add two more people doing the small game, working along with you, to help figure it out where you are at.)