Posted On: 2009-01-10
- Type: Team game
- Equipment: Two or more large balls.
The aim is to dismiss as many of the opposing team as possible within a given time. The time can vary, but each game takes from about 10 to 15 minutes. About 15 on each side is ideal.
- Players have allocated areas, indicated by rope or chalk lines. They must not go outside these areas.
- Two players from each team stand in tramlines behind the opposing team (see diagram).
- Two balls are thrown into the main area. The players throw over the heads of their opponents to those of their number behind the line.
- The two try to hit their opponents below the knee.
- If hit below the knee, players join their team mates behind the line, and try to get their opponents out.
- Balls may be interrupted as they are thrown over the opposing team.
- If any player crosses a line unlawfully a free pass is awarded to the other team.
- The game may continue until everyone is out, on one side or the other.