Starting a new Boy Scout Troop
By: Steve O'Connor
Posted On: 2013-04-23
I have been humbled. I have been asked by the local BSA District I am in to establish a Special Needs Youth Troop. I said yes and started to work on this project as my son's were in their last year of Cub Scouts.
I have gone through many challenges starting this Troop and many around finding a Charter Organization. I was able to recruit my "Dream Team" of Adult Leaders and they are now pushing me to move ahead. The issue we have now is finding a Charter Organization. We had one, but just found out they couldn't do it and have found another that can be our Charter Organization.
We have all the parts of the puzzle except for the Charter Organization and we will have that soon. Any thoughts or ideas please share.
Yours in Scouting, ptsteve
- Label sideaffectsand I am not talking the sticky glue on the back
- How do the Committee Chair and Cubmaster best work together
- How Toastmasters International helps me as a Scout Leader
- Outdoor Drinks
- About Those Star and Life Leadership Projects Part 2 eagle tip
- You never train for Gunshot wounds
- Top 7 Map Compass Resources