Posted On: 2019-08-20
• 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen white bread
(If you don’t have frozen bread dough in your area, you can substitute homemade bread dough, enough for a 2-pound loaf, which would use 4 cups of flour.)
• 1¼ C. sugar, divided
• ¼ C. packed brown sugar
• ¼ C. milk
• 1-2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
• 1 3/4 Teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
• Cooking spray, such as PAM or butter or margarine to grease the pan
• Thaw the bread dough in the refrigerator for 12 hours. (Skip this step if you are using fresh dough)
• Combine 1-cup sugar, brown sugar, milk, margarine/butter and 1¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove sugar syrup from heat; let cool 10 minutes.
• Combine ¼ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon in a shallow dish and mix well. Cut each loaf of thawed dough into approximately 24 equal portions. Roll each portion in the cinnamon sugar and then layer the dough balls in a 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan, that has been coated with the cooking spray (or greased).
• Pour the sugar syrup over all of the dough; cover and let rise for 35 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
• Preheat over to 350F.
• Uncover, and bake at 350 or until lightly browned. Immediately loosen edges of bread with a knife. Place a plate upside down on top of the pan; invert pan onto plate. Remove pan and drizzle with any remaining sugar syrup.
SCCC Pow wow 2003