Crossing America Obstacle Course
Posted On: 2009-07-26
Statue of Liberty -
- Each boy is given a small amount of foil in order to make a liberty torch.
Go West Young Man -
- Each boy is given a pretend horse and runs a course that is marked by orange cones.
Crossing The Mississippi River –
- Swimming pool filled with water has several rocks strategically set inside;
- each boy crosses the pool by stepping on the rocks.
Colorado Mines –
- Large cardboard boxes set up in a maze and each boy crawls through.
Gold Rush in California –
- Swimming pool filled with sand and small toys hidden in the sand.
- Each boy has to find a toy before going on to the next area.
Logging In Washington –
- Swimming pool with a 2 x 4” board inside, symbolizing the logs.
- Boys pretend to be loggers, as they walk on the logs.
References / Source:
GSLC Pow Wow 2008