The Lone Scout
Posted On: 2009-01-02

In many councils there are boys who, because they live in isolated rural areas or because of severe handicaps, cannot take part in the regular Cub Scout program. These boys can be Lone Cub Scouts.

Lone Cub Scouts work with a parent, a neighbor, a friend, or other adult who is known as a Lone Cub Scout friend and counselor. This person is responsible for encouraging and assisting the boy's learning and earning badges and getting the most out of the Cub Scout program. The boy's parent or guardian help him with the advancement program.

There are special forms available on which to register Lone Cub Scouts. These forms can be obtained from the local council office or by writing the national office:

Boy Scouts of America
1325 Walnut Hill Lane
Irving, TX



Welcome to InsaneScouter! Come find ideas and resources that will help you put on a better program.