Guidelines For A Leader
Posted On: 2009-01-02
- Always plan the meeting in advance. Write down your plan and share it with your assistant and Den Chief.
- Keep the boys occupied at all times; not just with busy work, but with activities that fulfill the Purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Be sharing with your criticism; generous with praise.
- Be fair and consistent with discipline. Don't permit one boy to do something you would discipline another for doing.
- Treat each boy as a very special individual.
- Establish your rules and stick to them.
- Begin and end meetings on time.
- Set a good example by wearing your uniform.
- Use the Cub Scout sign to get attention...don't shout or yell.
- Give the boys a chance to let off steam. Plan den meetings to alternate quiet activities with active ones.
- Be firm in a friendly way.