Blue & Gold Banquet - Additional Tips
Posted On: 2019-07-09
- Plan early - remember, if you "fail to plan" then you "plan to fail"
- Reserve the meeting room well in advance
- Ask a few Boy Scouts to help serve and clean up
- Ask parents and guests to RSVP so you can plan food and seating accordingly
- Use all the resources (people, donations, equipment, etc.) available to your pack; check parent talent survey sheets
- Keep crafts (placemats, napkin rings, etc.) simple and ask parents to help with them
- Involve the boys; remember this banquet is for them
- Keep the songs and skits short and simple
- Keep good communications between the B&G Committee and the Pack Committee
- Ask Committee to write a report and suggestions; Add it to a folder for future B&G Committees
The boys should be involved in making banquet decorations. They should be simple and not time-consuming to make. Use the banquet theme as a guideline for decorations.
Plan in advance who will make what items. There should be coordination between den leaders, den leader coach, and B&G Committee, so that each den will be making generally the same items.
Things boys might make are:
|Name Cards||Napkin Rings||Corsages|
Other Decoration Suggestions
Pictures of pack events
Projects the Cubs have made
"Old" scouting items from the past