Cub Scouting happens in the den. The National Den Award creates an incentive for a year-round, fun, quality program in the den. The National Den Award may be earned only once in any twelve-month period (charter year, calendar year, etc.) which is determined by the pack committee.
A. Have at least 50 percent of the den's Cub Scouts or Webelos Scouts attend two den meeting and one pack meeting or activity each month of the year.
B. Complete six of the following during the year.
1. Utilize the denner system within the den.
2. Have 50 percent of the den go on three field trips per year. A field trip may be used in place of a den meeting.
3. As a den, attend a Cub Scout day camp, Cub Scout or Webelos Scout residence camp, or council family camping event with at least 50 per cent of the den membership.
4. Incorporate at least three Ethics in Action activity modules in den meetings during the year.
5. As a den participate in at least one of the Cub Scout Sports programs.
6. As a den, participate to at least one of the Cub Scout Academics programs.
7. Have 50 percent of the den participate in a den conservation/resource project.
8. Have 50 percent of the den participate in at least one den service project.
The above information came from the Cub Scout Leader Book on page 9-10. Applications can also be found at your Scout Shop.