Move your mouse over me

Mobile Version

InsaneScouter Logo
Home > Resources > Leaders > Leader Tips

The Lone Scout

In many councils there are boys who, because they live in isolated rural areas or because of severe handicaps, cannot take part in the regular Cub Scout program. These boys can be Lone Cub Scouts.

Lone Cub Scouts work with a parent, a neighbor, a friend, or other adult who is known as a Lone Cub Scout friend and counselor. This person is responsible for encouraging and assisting the boy's learning and earning badges and getting the most out of the Cub Scout program. The boy's parent or guardian help him with the advancement program.

There are special forms available on which to register Lone Cub Scouts. These forms can be obtained from the local council office or by writing the national office:

Boy Scouts of America
1325 Walnut Hill Lane
Irving, TX

Other Pages you May Like
Pinewood Derby01
Pack Leaders
How The Cub Scout Program Started
Ten Steps for Effective Leadership
Cubmobile Derby
Sample Committee Meeting Agenda

Search InsaneScouter

Show Control Box

Forgot Password     Signup


About | Sitemap | Advertise | Contact | Disclaimer | Privacy Statement

Helping Scout leaders one resource at a time...

Generously hosted by Techya

SRSquare manages this site

Materials found on the InsaneScouter's Website © 1998 - 2017 may be reproduced and used by all Scouting volunteers for training, entertainment and program purposes consistent with Scouting and Guiding Organizations. Unless otherwise noted on the page. If you believe we are republishing your copyrighted material without permission, please Contact Us including the link/url of said content to have it removed or your copyright information added.

Please be advised that InsaneScouter is NOT affiliated with any Scouting or Guiding Organization.

All opinions expressed on these pages are those of the original authors. All holdings are subject to this Disclaimer.