After listing uses for duct tape, clothes pins and a safety pin I found myself wondering what to do next. And then it hit me - why not the under-utilized pie tin? Here are some ideas I came up with; please share yours by commenting below.
- Pet water/food dish
- Emergency singling device (flashing it in the sun like a mirror)
- Emergency pan for cooking
- Bowl /plate to eat from
- Put one in the bottom of a Dutch oven to save cleaning time
- Cheap way to do self-serve food when camping, on a picnic, at a party, etc
- Cover food up to keep it warm and keep bugs out
- Garbage bowl: fill with the rubbish you produce while cooking
- Use in the bottom of a solar still to collect the water
- Use a pan for gold panning in a stream
- Shovel for a young child on the beach
- Turn it into a boat to float on a pond
- Use as target in rock toss game
- Part of a costume
- Put in tent /rv to hold small things like coins, watch, keys, etc
- Turn into a mask
- Decorate several and hang from a string to make a mobile
- Center piece - fill with rocks/sand and place a candle in the middle
- Put behind a candle to reflect more of the light forward
- Poke holes in it to use as a dry goods sifter or as a colander in a pinch
- Make a potpourri pie; put potpourri in the tin, cover with strips of tan felt, staple/glue the felt to the tin, sprinkle cinnamon on the felt.
- Child’s instrument: fill with rice, beans, small bells, etc. Attach another tin to the top and shake.
- Hang several from tree branches to keep away scavengers
- If all else fails use it to make a pie
What other uses can you think of?
Show Control Box
View all Scout news
PINEWOOD DERBY CAR SHOWCASEI would share our 2007 cars (not shown is the original prototype of the Velocinator, which was included in Volume 7, Issue 4).Speeder - Stephen DavisMy youngest...