As you may know InsaneScouter is a large site containing over 5,000 unique pages of content, using around 20 gigs of drive space and made up of a few million lines of code. This site has grown to large for a few of us to continue to manage. We need your help with various tasks.
- Here are a few things we may be able to accomplish with your help:
- updating old content
- re-doing our clip art gallery
- create a video Scouting college, where Scouter's from around the nation teach various subjects they specialize in
- email service that is a cross between gmail and mail.com but geared for Scouting
- a “human resources” feature where Scouters can create a profile and then others can search them out for help on a specific subject or as a regional expert
- hold “town hall meetings” providing you direct input in what happens at InsaneScouter
- along with a ton of other ideas we have
So how can you help? Well, here are some ideas....
Help spread the word about InsaneScouter by:
- forward the newsletter to your Scouting friends
- at Scouting functions tell others about us
- tell your Scouting friends about us
- add a link or graphic to InsaneScouter from your Scouting website <promote us link>
- print out the flyers on the promote us page <promote us link> to hand out at roundtable and trainings
- digg or stumble upon pages on the site
- post about us on facebook, twitter and myspace
- include InsaneScouter as part of your Scouting email footer, simply adding “www.insanescouter.org” could make a big differences
You can volunteer to:
- provide us books to add to ScouterBooks.com, as long as we can republish the book its fair game … this site is not limited to just powwow books.
- login to your control panel, click add link(s) … to add site(s) for inclusion in the Scouter Links directory
- write blog posts
- add content
- update content (fix spelling, grammar, update old content, etc)
- add campgrounds and attractions to KampSpace.com (you will need to signup for a free KampSpace account)
If you have any questions, thoughts, concerns, etc feel free to contact us.
Show Control Box