As you may know InsaneScouter is a large site containing over 5,000 unique pages of content, using around 20 gigs of drive space and made up of a few million lines of code. This site has grown to large for a few of us to continue to manage. We need your help with various tasks.
- Here are a few things we may be able to accomplish with your help:
- updating old content
- re-doing our clip art gallery
- create a video Scouting college, where Scouter's from around the nation teach various subjects they specialize in
- email service that is a cross between gmail and mail.com but geared for Scouting
- a “human resources” feature where Scouters can create a profile and then others can search them out for help on a specific subject or as a regional expert
- hold “town hall meetings” providing you direct input in what happens at InsaneScouter
- along with a ton of other ideas we have
So how can you help? Well, here are some ideas....
Help spread the word about InsaneScouter by:
- forward the newsletter to your Scouting friends
- at Scouting functions tell others about us
- tell your Scouting friends about us
- add a link or graphic to InsaneScouter from your Scouting website <promote us link>
- print out the flyers on the promote us page <promote us link> to hand out at roundtable and trainings
- digg or stumble upon pages on the site
- post about us on facebook, twitter and myspace
- include InsaneScouter as part of your Scouting email footer, simply adding “www.insanescouter.org” could make a big differences
You can volunteer to:
- provide us books to add to ScouterBooks.com, as long as we can republish the book its fair game … this site is not limited to just powwow books.
- login to your control panel, click add link(s) … to add site(s) for inclusion in the Scouter Links directory
- write blog posts
- add content
- update content (fix spelling, grammar, update old content, etc)
- add campgrounds and attractions to KampSpace.com (you will need to signup for a free KampSpace account)
If you have any questions, thoughts, concerns, etc feel free to contact us.
New comments will not show up until they have been manually approved, do to problems with spam.
Show Control Box
View all Scout news
Mount St Helens Anniversary
Mount Saint Helens… for locals the name conjures up images of either lush unrivaled beauty, or absolute carnage and destruction. For those who knew the mountain before May 18th, 1980,...