The Scientist Activity Badge gives the boys the opportunity to explore and learn.
The Webelos book and the examples here should give you the information you need
to present this topic effectively. Include lots of hands on experiments for the
Do 1, 2, and 3 and six of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
1. Read Bernoulli's Principle. Show how it works.
2. Read Pascal's Law. Show how it works.
3. Show in three different ways how inertia works.
4. Show the effects of atmospheric pressure.
5. Show the effects of air pressure.
6. Show the effects of water and air pressure.
7. Explain what causes fog. Show how this works.
8. Explain how crystals are formed. Make some.
9. Define balance. Show three different balancing tricks.
10. Show in three different ways how your eyes work together.
11. Show what is meant by an optical illusion.
12. Get a booklet on how to care for the eyes. Read it.
Return to Activity Pins