Do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, and two of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
1. Explain what first aid is. Tell what you should do in case of accident.
2. Explain how you can get help quickly for these problems: Medical; Police; Fire;
Utilities (electricity, gas, etc.). Post a list of these directions in your home.
3. Show what to do for "hurry cases" of: Serious bleeding; Stopped breathing
(show rescue breathing); Internal poisoning; Heart attack.
4. Show how to treat shock.
5. Show first aid for the following: Cuts and scratches; Burns and scalds; Choking.
6. Tell what steps must be taken for a safe swim with your Webelos den (or patrol),
pack, family, or other group. Explain the reasons for the buddy system.
7. Explain six rules of safety you should follow when driving a bicycle.
8. Plan a home fire escape plan for your family.
9. Explain how to use each item in a first aid kit for a home or car.
10. Tell where accidents are most likely to happen inside and around your home.
11. Explain six rules of safety you should remember when riding in a car.
12. Attend a first aid demonstration at a Boy Scout troop meeting, a Red Cross
center, or other place.
ideas: Local Red Cross Chapter & Training
Webelos Activity Pins ~
Opening Webelos Page