Do five of these.
1. Rocks and minerals are used in metals, glass, jewelry, road-building products,
and fertilizer. Give examples.
2. Collect five geologic specimens that have important uses.
3. Make a scale of mineral hardness using things found at home. Show how to
use the scale by finding the relative hardness of these samples.
4. List some of the geologic materials used in building your home.
5. Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, a geyser, or an earthquake.
6. Explain one way in which mountains are formed.
Return to Activity Pins