Do five of these.
1. Identify six forest trees. Tell what useful things come from them.
2. Identify six forest plants that are useful to wildlife. Tell which animals
use them and for what.
3. Make a poster showing the life history of a forest tree.
4. Make a chart showing how water and minerals in the soil help a tree grow.
5. Collect pieces of three kinds of wood used for building houses.
6. Plant 20 forest seedlings. Care for them for a month.
7. Describe the harm caused by wildfires. Tell how you may help prevent wildfire.
8. Make a map of the United States. Show the kinds of forests growing in different
parts of the U.S.A. Tell what important things made of wood come from each part.
Return to Activity Pins