1. Jump into water over your head. Level off and swim 100 feet, at least half of this using the elementary backstroke.
2. Stay in the water after the swim, and float on your back in a resting position with as little motion as possible for one minute.
Do Three of These:
3. Do a surface dive and swim under water for at least two strokes before coming up.
4. Swim on the surface for 50 feet, properly using a mask, fins, and snorkel.
5. Explain three basic water rescue methods. Demonstrate reaching and throwing. Describe going with support.
6. Know the rules of small-boat safety. Show that you know how to handle a rowboat.
7. Put on a personal floatation devise (PFD) that is the right size for you. Make sure it is properly fastened. Wearing the PFD, jump into the water over your head. Show how the PFD keeps your head above wa