||The Webelos Badge
"We'll Be Loyal Scouts"
That's where the name Webelos comes from. Webelos Scouting the next step towards
becoming a Boy Scout. It is a program that starts upon graduation from fouth grade
- as a Bear Cub Scout - and ends some 20+ months later in February with the Arrow
of light Award. To be eligible for this program the the Cub Scout must first earn
the Bobcat Badge. The Webelos scout will have the opportunity to earn 2 rank awards
- similar to Boy Scout rank. To earn these awards the Webelos scout must learn
many things and do several activities along with earning up to 20 Activity
Pins or sometimes called badges - similar to Boy Scout Merit Badges. In the
Webelos Program only the Webelos Leader can sign off on acticity requirements.
- Have an adult member of your family read and sign the Parent Guide in
your Webelos book.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months.
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out and explain the parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when
to and not to wear it.
- Earn Fitness and two other activity
badges - one from each of two different activity badge groups.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements
to be a Boy Scout.
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith. Or, do two of the following.